The 39th Annual Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops Announces 2022 Restaurant and Winery Award Winners
BUFFALO, N.Y., July 9, 2022 – The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops today announced that several local restaurants were named award winners in a variety of categories at the 39thannual festival. The judging took place this morning by a panel of representatives from the local media, political, and business sectors.
The Eric DuVall Memorial Best of Buffalo Award was given for the first time in memory of Eric DuVall, a long-time Taste volunteer and board member who passed away earlier this year. Chosen by DuVall’s family and friends to receive this inaugural award was The Flaming Fish for their Shrimp Poboy.
Other Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops winners include:
- Chair’s Choice (chosen by Luke Baecker, 2022 Taste of Buffalo Chair): HofbräuhausBuffalo, Kartoffelsuppe
- Children’s Choice (chosen by Shealeigh and Zack Baecker, daughter and nephew of 2022 Taste Chair): Mister Pizza, Cheese Pizza
- “Rookie of the Year” Award: KT Caribbean Cuisine
- Veteran Restaurant Award: Chrusciki Bakery
- Best Overall Item: Taste of Siam, Fried Ice Cream
- Best Meat Item: BW’s Barbecue, BBQ St. Louis Cut Ribs
- Best Seafood Item: Carmine’s, Cajun Blackened Shrimp
- Best Dessert: Nick Charlap’s Hot Fudge Sundae
- Best Sandwich: Osteria 166, Porchetta Slider
- Best Red Wine: Three Brothers Wineries & Estates, Red Jazz Infusion
- Best White Wine: Victorianbourg Wine Estate, Pechette
- Favorite Fermentation: A Gust of Sun Winery & Vineyard, Sweet Diamond
- Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
- First Place: Hofbräuhaus Buffalo, Gurkensalat
- Second Place: Unbridled Café, Rustic Flatbread
- Third Place: Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill, Summer Salad
- Best Healthy Dessert: Sweet Melody’s Gelato – Red, White and Blue Sundae
- Buffalo News Gusto Critic’s Choice Award: Caribbean Flava, Curry Chicken
The Taste continues tomorrow, Sunday, July 10, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. along Delaware Avenue and Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo.
About Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops is the nation's largest two-day food festival. The 39th annual Taste will take place on July 9 and 10, 2022, along Delaware Avenue and Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo. The Taste is a not-for-profit organization with more than 1,000 volunteers helping to put on the annual event. Approximately $543,000 has been raised at the festival for local charities including scholarships awarded annually to local high school seniors pursuing a culinary or hospitality-related degree. For more information, visit tasteofbuffalo.com, and find @tasteofbuffalo on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.