The 38th Annual Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops Announces 2021 Restaurant Award Winners
Mon, Jul 12th 2021 03:00 pm
July 12, 2021, BUFFALO, N.Y. – The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops today announced that several local restaurants were named award winners in a variety of categories at the 38th annual festival. While food judging was limited this year due to a pared-down event, there was no shortage of delicious food and drink items available for festival participants.
2021 Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops award winners include:
- Chair’s Choice (chosen by Amber Hartman, 2021 Taste of Buffalo Chair): Asiago-Asparagus Risotto by Carmine’s
- People’s Choice Best Overall Item: Peach Habanero Pork Slider by BW's Barbecue
- People’s Choice Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:- First Place: Lemony Fresh Bites by Cheesecake Guy
- Second Place: Grilled Pineapple by BW's Barbecue
- Third Place: Chana Masala by India Gate
- Gusto Critic’s Choice Award, Best Overall Item: Short Rib Poutine by Local Kitchen and Beer Bar
- Gusto Critic’s Choice Award, Best Healthy Option: Cucumber Salad by Water Lily Café
Thank you to all of the restaurants and attendees who helped make this year’s Taste of Buffalo a success!
About the Taste of Buffalo
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops is the nation's largest two-day food festival. The 39th annual Taste will take place on July 9 and 10, 2022 in downtown Buffalo. The Taste is a not-for-profit organization with more than 1,000 volunteers helping to put on the annual event. Approximately $545,000 has been raised at the festival for local charities including three scholarships awarded last year to local high school seniors pursuing a culinary or hospitality-related degree. For more information, visit tasteofbuffalo.com, and find us @tasteofbuffalo on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.