The 36th Annual Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops Announces 2019 Restaurant and Winery Award Winners
July 13, 2019, BUFFALO, N.Y. – The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops today announced that several local restaurants were named award winners in a variety of categories at the 36th annual festival. The judging took place this morning by a panel of representatives from the local media, political and business sectors.
This year’s festival includes the new Favorite Fermentation award, which was given to A Gust of Sun Winery for their wine, Sweet Westies.
Additional Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops winners include:
- Chair’s Choice (chosen by Matthew Testa, 2019 Taste of Buffalo Chair): Hilltop Restaurant & Bar, Buffalo Lager Braised Short Ribs
- Children’s Choice (chosen by Jacob Testa): Mineo & Sapio Street Eats food truck, Chorizo Po’Boy
- Lou Billittier Memorial “Rookie of the Year” Award: The Chocolate Bar, Chocolate Mousse Brulee
- Veteran Restaurant Award: Danny’s Restaurant, Peanut Butter Pie
- Best of Buffalo Award: Taste of Siam, Fried Ice Cream
- Best Overall Item: Caribbean Experience, Jerked Chicken with Rice
- Best Meat Item: Caribbean Experience, Jerked Chicken with Rice
- Best Seafood Item: Flaming Fish, Shrimp Po’Boy
- Best Dessert: Water Lily Café, Thai Tea Smoothie
- Best Sandwich: Souped Up, Bacon Jam Cheddar Melt
- Best Red Wine: Three Brothers Wineries & Estates, Red Jazz Infusion
- Best White Wine: Victorianbourg Wine Estate, Pechette
- Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
- First Place: Alex’s Place, Grilled Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- Second Place: Local Kitchen and Beer Bar, Brussel Sprout Slaw
- Third Place: Cali Eats, Fiesta Black Bean Bowl
- Best Healthy Dessert: Chrusciki Bakery, Apple Cinnamon Pierogi
- Yelp’s Choice Award: T.C. Wheelers Bar & Pizzeria, Stuffed Hot Banana Pepper Pizza
- Gusto Critic’s Choice Award: Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, Dinosaur BBQ Ribs
The Taste continues tomorrow, Sunday, July 14, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. along Delaware Avenue and Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo.
About the Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops is the nation's largest two-day food festival, attracting more than 450,000 visitors each year. The 36th annual Taste is July 13 and 14, 2019, along Delaware Avenue from Johnson Park to Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo. The Taste is a not-for-profit organization with more than 1,000 volunteers helping to put on the annual event. To date, more than $500,000 has been raised at the festival for local charities in addition to five $1,000 scholarships awarded annually to local high school seniors pursuing a culinary or hospitality-related degree. For more information, visit tasteofbuffalo.com, or visit the Taste on Facebook, Twitter ,and Instagram.