How to Volunteer at Taste of Buffalo
- Check your calendar – are you available on July 13 and/or 14, 2019 between the hours of 11am and 9pm on the 13th and 11am and 7pm on the 14th?
- Read through the information on this page and if any of this seems like the kind of work that gets you jazzed, apply to volunteer!
- To apply, fill out this form. (link to form)
- Sit tight. Our Volunteer Coordinator will reach out soon to invite you to talk to or meet. We will work to place you in a position you would enjoy, based on availability.
- Please know that applying is not a guarantee that there will be an available opportunity this year. But, don’t worry – there’s always next year!
What can Volunteers expect?
Above all: Professionalism, smiles, and enthusiasm. It’s also very important to stick to your commitment and arrive on time. We work hard to put this festival together and like working alongside people who feel the same!
Our most common duties include:
- General Event Support - Activities include but are not limited to guest registration, brand ambassadors, sampling assistants, and culinary stage support.
- Behind the Scenes - Help with overall event logistics, stage sampling products, set and/or breakdown assistance, hang signs, and other activities as needed.
- Ticket Selling - Reporting to the Finance Chair, ticket selling volunteers will be responsible for selling food/beverage tickets to customers. We accept cash, credit and Tops vouchers.
- Count Room - Reporting to the Tent Captains in our Ticket tents, count room volunteers will assist in counting and reconciling cash, credit card and vouchers.
- Insert other needs here - Insert descriptions here from other Committees
Yup, we have them and we share them! It’s work, but it feels like play - our team operates very much like a family, and we do our best to take care of our volunteers and make sure they feel valued. Expect to have fun and be appreciated for your work!
You’ll get complementary food and beverage tickets, so you too can join in the festival fun!
And, you’ll get a cool Taste of Buffalo t-shirt!
Hours & Time Commitment
Event volunteers are needed all weekend. Most volunteers will be needed while the festival is open from 11am to 9pm on Saturday and 11am to 7pm on Sunday.
Shifts are typically between 4 and 12 hours long. Let us know how many hours you can work when you fill out the application. We will do our best to accommodate you.