Taste of Buffalo presented by TOPS names 2015 Restaurant and Winery Award Winners
July 11, 2015 - BUFFALO, NY - The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops today announced that several local restaurants were named award winners in a variety of categories at the 32nd annual festival. The judging took place this morning, July 11, by a panel of honorary judges including representatives from the local media, political and business sectors.
The 2015 Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops winners are:
- Chairman's Choice (chosen by 2014 Chairman Laura Jacobs): Sugar-Free Brownie w/ Sugar-Free Caramel Drizzle, Chrusciki Bakery
- Children's Choice (chosen by Aaron and Brendan Coe): Original Lemon Ice, Anderson's Frozen Custard
- New York Award (selected by Lieutenant Governor for New York State Kathy Hochul): Burmese Chicken Curry, Sun Restaurant
- Pat Sardina Memorial Award for Best Comfort Food: Risotto Sticks, Osteria 166
- Lou Billitier Memorial "Rookie of the Year" Award: 716 Food & Sport
- Best Overall Item: Lemon Sorbet with Fresh Berries, Sweet Melody's
- Best Meat Item: Jerked Chicken, Caribbean Experience
- Best Seafood Item: Carmine's Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Carmine's Restaurant
- Best Dessert: Sponge Candy Caramel Cannoli, Panaro's Restaurant
- Best Red Wine: Estate Reserve Chambourcin, Three Brothers Winery
- Best White Wine: Rosebud Gold, Niagara Landing
Independent Health Foundation's Healthy Options:
- First Place: Steamed Crab, Joe's Crab Shack
- Second Place: Arugula Salad, Osteria 166
- Third Place: Savor Salad with Marinated Chicken, Savor at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute
The AT&T Fan Favorite Food has yet to be determined, as festival-goers can continue to text a vote for their favorite Taste item through the end of the event. Item numbers and texting information are available at the event and in the festival guide.
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops, runs through 9:00 p.m. today and tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. along Delaware Avenue from Chippewa Street to Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo. The Niagara East Beer Tent is open with live music until 11:00 p.m. tonight! For more information, visit www.tasteofbuffalo.com.