Thank you for your interest in the Taste of Buffalo Presented by TOPS.The deadline for returning a completed Winery Application is January 31, 2018. Mid-February, the Taste Winery Committee will review all completed applications received by the deadline date and will begin filling the available space.
The policy of the Taste is to offer returning veteran wineries (wineries that participated in the prior year) the right of first refusal. Early February, the Taste Winery Committee will review all completed applications received by the deadline date and will begin filling the available space.
To be considered entry into the event as a Winery, your establishment must meet the following criteria:
- Establishment must be a public place, whose primary commercial function is to serve wine to the general public.
- Establishment must be open year round in New York.
If your winery is selected to participate in the Taste of Buffalo, you must meet the following menu item criteria:
- All menu items must be offered at the winery.
- Wine items must be priced between $1.00 and $4.00, one premium wine item may be priced between $1.00 and $7.50.
- All pricing is in $0.50 increments
- Your menu items may not duplicate any specialty wine item already being offered by another winery. The Taste Winery Committee will make all final decisions regarding menu item duplication.
The Taste of Buffalo provides each winery:
- One tent, including side flaps sufficient to cover three sides of the tent, two tables and two chairs
- One professionally made sign identifying your winery with name and/or logo
- Roaming event security
- 110 volt 4-outlet 60 AMP electrical line - additional electric is available at an extra cost, including 220 lines
- Access to potable water
- A Taste Winery Committee Representative assigned to your winery.
- Necessary Health Department permit and City of Buffalo Temporary Stand permit ONLY. Should a winery's activities require any additional permits (such as a Special Events permit), those additional permits will be at the winery's own expense.
- Paid parking for cars and winery vehicles is available at an additional cost.
You will be expected to:
- Remit an Entry Fee of $700.00 by the stated deadline date; remit 18% of your Gross Sales to Taste of Buffalo; Taste of Buffalo will withhold NYS Sales Tax from your proceeds and remit to NYS on your behalf.
- Obtain a Special Events permit for both days of the event.
- Complete all necessary paperwork by requested deadlines.
- Adhere to all guidelines and rules of the Taste of Buffalo.
- Provide an electronic copy of your winery's color logo in either vector art EPS format or a high resolution JPEG or TIFF format (300 dpi).
Click here to apply now.