Thank you for your interest in the Taste of Buffalo Presented by TOPS. The deadline to apply for the 2017 festival has passed, however you may still apply for 2018.The policy of the Taste is to offer returning veteran restaurants (restaurants that participated in the prior year) the right of first refusal before accepting new participants. In February, the Taste Restaurant Committee will review all completed applications received by the deadline date and will begin filling the available space.
If your Food Truck is selected to participate in the Taste of Buffalo you must meet the following menu item criteria:
- All menu items must be on your regular menu or your specials menu.
- You must serve at least 3 items, but no more than 4.
- You must serve one "Healthy Option"menu item. This can be one of the 3 items or can be added as a fourth item.
- You must serve one "taste" item at $2.00. Your "taste" item must be a "taste-size" portion of a signature item that you are serving at the event.
- All pricing is in $0.50 increments.
- $1.00 is the minimum and $5.00 is the maximum you may charge.
- You may price up to 2 menu items at $4.00, the other 1 or 2 menu items must be priced between $1.00 and $4.50. Multiple price points for 1 menu item are acceptable (Example: $5.00 large portion, $3.00 portion and a $2.00"taste" portion).
menu items may not duplicate any other participating restaurant's menu
items. Meaning, no two restaurants/food truck will be serving items
prepared the same way. The Taste Restaurant Committee will make all final decisions regarding menu item duplication.
The Taste of Buffalo provides each Food Truck:
- A space to accommodate your Food Truck
- Roaming event security
- Shore power
- Access to potable water
- A Taste Restaurant Committee Representative assigned to your restaurant.
- Necessary Health Department permit and City of Buffalo Temporary Stand permit ONLY. Should your activities require any additional permits, those additional permits will be at your own expense.
- Paid parking for cars and other vehicles is available at an additional cost.
You will be expected to:
- Remit an Entry Fee of $500.00 by the stated deadline date; remit 18% of your Gross Sales to Taste of Buffalo; Taste of Buffalo will withhold NYS Sales Tax from your proceeds and remit to NYS on your behalf.
- Complete all necessary paperwork by requested deadlines
- Attend the Mandatory Restaurant Meeting held in June. Date to be determined. At least one principal or decision maker must attend.
- Adhere to all guidelines and rules of the Taste of Buffalo
- Provide an electronic copy of your Food Truck's color logo in either vector art EPS format or a high resolution JPEG or TIFF format (300 dpi).
Click here to apply for the 2018 Taste!
What Happens After You Apply?
Our Restaurant Committee meets in February to distribute the new food truck applications. After that, a Restaurant Committee representative will call you to make an appointment to visit you and sample the items you proposed on your application. Finally, the Committee meets again to present their results and vote the new food trucks and restaurants in. All food trucks will be notified in March.