Taste of Buffalo presented by TOPS names 2013 Winnersby ahackett
BUFFALO, NY - In celebration of the 30th birthday of Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops, several local restaurants were named award winners in a variety of categories. The judging took place this morning, July 13, by a panel of honorary judges including representatives from the local media, political and business sectors.
One award, the AT&T Fan Favorite Food, has yet to be determined as festival-goers can continue to text a vote for their favorite Taste item through the end of the event. Item numbers and texting information are available at the event and in the festival guide.
The 2013 Taste winners were:
- Chairman's Choice (chosen by 2013 Chairman Joe Lane): Chester's Cajun Grill - Seafood Jambalaya
- Children's Choice (chosen by Josh & Emily Lane, nephew and niece of this year's chairman): The Riverstone Grill - Bleu Heron Burger
- New York Award (selected by New York State Senator Mark Grisanti): Manhattan's - Pistachio Encrusted Chicken on a Stick
- Pat Sardina Memorial Award for Best Comfort Food: Chrusciki Bakery - Cookie Bottom Cheesecake
- Lou Billitier Memorial "Rookie of the Year" Award: Indian Falls Log Cabin
- Best Overall Item: Landies Candies - Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Best Meat Item: Cecelia's Ristorante - Banana Pepper Stuffed Chicken
- Best Seafood Item: Carmines Restaurant - Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms w/ a Lobster Sauce
- Best Dessert: Anderson's Frozen Custard - Homemade Ice Cream
- Best Red Wine: Marjim Manor - Spring Lake Steuben
- Best White Wine: Hazlitt Vineyards - Sauvignon Blanc
Independent Health Foundation's Healthy Options:
o First Place: Francesca's - Lemon Strawberry Sorbet
o Second Place: Chrusicki Bakery - Angel Food Cake with Lite Mousse
o Third Place: Bravo - Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Best Decorated Booth - Eddie Ryan's
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops, runs through 9 p.m. today and Sunday July 14, from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. along Delaware Avenue from Chippewa Street to Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo. Don't forget our 30th birthday party finale at 3:30 p.m. in Niagara Square! For more information, visit www.tasteofbuffalo.com.