Taste of Buffalo Board of Directors Award Scholarships to Five WNY High School Seniors
Barnhard, Brylinski, Cassatt, Daminski and receive $1,000 to pursue education in food service or hospitality
BUFFALO, N.Y. - In an effort to support local area high school seniors in their pursuit of higher education in the food service and hospitality industries, the Taste of Buffalo Board of Directors is pleased to award five local high school students with $1,000 scholarships.
The winners, who were chosen based upon several criteria including academic achievement, experience, recommendations and community involvement, include:
- Jonathan Barnhard from Orchard Park High School who will attend Buffalo State College for hotel and restaurant management;
- Paul Brylinski from Kenmore East High School who will attend The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College for restaurant management.
- Rachelle Cassatt from Buffalo Public School 302 Emerson School of Hospitality who will attend the State University of New York at Delhi for baking and pastry arts;
- Katherine Daminski from East Aurora High School who will attend Johnson & Wales University for culinary arts; and
- Ashley Pajak from Holland High School who will attend Niagara County Community College for baking and pastry arts.
"On behalf of the Taste, I am thrilled to offer support to our local students in the pursuit of a career in food service and/or hospitality." said Chris Hitchcock, 2012 Taste chairman. "I commend this year's scholarship winners for their hard work and wish them all the best as they join the next generation of culinary and hospitality professionals at their respective colleges." Click here to view the winners.
The scholarship fund, which began in 1997, has awarded more than $35,000 to deserving high school seniors. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must reside in one of the eight Western New York counties and be enrolling in a food service or hospitality curriculum at an accredited two or four year school this coming fall.
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops is the nation's largest two-day food festival, attracting more than 450,000 people in downtown Buffalo. The 2012 Taste is July 7 and July 8 along Delaware Avenue and Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo. For further information, please visit www.tasteofbuffalo.com.